Monday, July 13, 2009

I got a secret, I got a secret...

I've been caught in that position, as I'm sure most people have, of having information that is important to a friend's relationship, but you're stuck with the question of whether it's a good idea to tell or hold your peace. On one hand, I clearly saw my friend's girlfriend out with another guy, but without knowing any details, I spilled the beans to my friend and ultimately lost a friend. On the other hand, If he would have found out from another source and also found out that I knew about the situation, then I would have lost him anyway. Catch-22!!! So, should you keep it to yourself and let the poor sap put 2 and 2 together and hope he makes 4 or do you tell with the understanding that your friend may not like what they hear? Spell it out for me...

1 comment:

  1. I wonder...Did you lose this friend because,” He couldn't handle you knowing what he knew all along?" This is an interesting story... Obviously you’re torn by the decision that you’ve made, but rest assured, “You did the right thing.

    ReplyDelete