Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sometimes I don't get it...

I mean really, sometimes I can't wrap my head around this whole love thing. I hate looking at statistics that suggest that married men are happier than singles or married men live longer, but in my opinion I think married men have learned to suffer in silence. It's not necessarily true that they are indeed happier, but seems like what they are taught to say just to keep the peace and in terms of living longer, you can have it if the alternative is dealing with someone unreasonable, unreliable and unrelenting. Don't get me wrong, the thought of love sometimes makes me feel like there's a purpose to this whole relationship thing, but when I think of the process that it takes to get there I think "lonely is the only other company." Is it really worth it? Enlighten me...

3 comments:

  1. I think married men live longer and are happier, not because they suffer in silence...that will kill a person faster...but because love, real love is healthy, good for you. Sharing life, laughter, and happiness makes their quality of life better...not to mention if they have someone to make sure they are eating right, going to the doctor, etc etc....cause single men tend not to keep up with that stuff. Having someone to live for besides yourself, makes life worth living.
    Yes, the process is long, difficult, and sometimes painful...but I have got to believe that when you find what God has intended for you...the one that assures you that you are living for someone other than yourself...it makes the journey worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, great comment, but can't the journey also just make you wanna give up. I understand that anything worth having is worth fighting for or struggling for, but come on. I'm almost to the point of giving up. Now I'm certainly not saying that I'm the best boyfriend or date, but I am definitely nowhere near the worst. I think I have a lot to offer, but it seems like no one wants it or could care less after they've had it (no sexual innuendo intended). I'm to the point of disgust with craziness that's happened to me recently, but I guess suffer I must.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally agree with 'mzcali'. i've been in an 'unhappy' marriage, and i can say that before the 'unhappy' times set in, life was amazing. i knew that every time i came home, he was there waiting for me. caring for him, making sure everything was ok with him gave my life a totally different and wonderful meaning. that's not to say my life now is any less happy, it's just a much different type of happiness. having that aspect of your life figured out has a calming/comforting affect on the remaining aspects of your life. and i must also say, AB, that there are people out there who want you, want what you have to offer. to think otherwise is foolish and wrong. you just have to decide what's important to you, where you want to be. period.

    ReplyDelete